Thursday, September 16, 2010

All about me
















My name is Brinlee Monica Buchanan. I was born on Friday August 20th at 9:13 pm at Timpanogos Regional Hospital. I weighed 7 pounds, 11 ounces and was 19.5 inches long. I was born with bi-lateral cleft lip and I was born without a hard and soft palate. My mommy and daddy were told that I would struggle with eating and that I would probably not pass my newborn hearing test. I proved them wrong by passing my newborn hearing test and becoming a champ at eating. mommy and Daddy feed me with a special bottle that they can squeeze the milk out of since I cannot suck on my own. I am growing like a weed and I am adored by my mommy and daddy and my big brothers Wyatt and Matthew and big sister Cassidy. My mommy says I am her little miracle because of how well I am excelling despite the challenges I was born with. My daddy says I was given to our family to bring them an increase of love and faith and he hopes he can be worthy of the blessing that I am. I am a beautiful baby girl who will soon be going through some very tough times, but mommy says I am strong and with the help of my Heavenly Father and a loving earthly family I will make it through. This blog is for all the people in my life who love me and want to share in my journey with cleft lip and palate.

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad I get to watch such an inspiring miracle transpire. I will check this blog often and keep you all in my prayers. You are such an amazing family to have been blessed with "beautiful Brinlee." Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Brinlee!! Keep growing big and strong! You are a sweetheart, and we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all love you Brinlee! Can't wait to watch you grow and continue to beat the odds!! Your a beautiful little blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad your Mommy is finding time to do this blog so we all can follow your wonderful progress!

    ReplyDelete